Accounts offered by American Express Bank, FSB. Your deposits are insured to at least $250,000.
For 24/7 assistance
Open a Savings Account
CHOOSE YOUR SAVINGS STRATEGY.
Decide what works best for you – a High-Yield Savings account or Certificate of Deposit (CD) – and apply for an account today.
- If you are funding your account by electronic transfer, please have your external bank routing and account numbers available.
- If you are opening a joint account, make sure you have the necessary information for both applicants.
- Already own a Personal Savings Account? Just enter your Personal Savings User Name and Password and you will be taken through an abbreviated application process.
You can learn more about applying for an account below.
Learn about opening a Personal Savings account
1 GATHER YOUR INFORMATION
Please have your personal information available, including your existing bank account information if you are funding electronically. For joint accounts, be sure to have both applicants’ information ready.
Please have the following information available for each applicant when you begin the application.
- Social Security Number
- E-mail Address
- Home address
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Your Existing Bank Account and Routing Numbers (if funding electronically and you have the same ownership as your Personal Savings Account)
2 SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Choose the type of account that you want to open, either a High-Yield Savings or a Certificate of Deposit, and apply online or by phone 24/7 at 1-800-446-6307.
3 RECEIVE CONFIRMATION
You will receive an onscreen and/or an email confirmation when your application is approved. Additionally, you will also receive a Personal Savings welcome kit in the mail.
4 FUND YOUR ACCOUNT
You can fund your account either electronically or by check. Return to the Personal Savings website in 2-3 days to electronically link your external funding account. Start earning interest on the day we receive your deposit.
Accounts offered by American Express Bank, FSB. Each depositor is insured to at least $250,000. Learn More from FDIC.gov
* The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as advertised is accurate as of November 08, 2012. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice before or after a High-Yield Savings account is opened. For CD accounts, rates are subject to change at any time without notice before the account is opened; your rate will be fixed on the business day we receive your complete application, provided we receive your deposit within 30 days after your application is approved. After a CD is opened, additional deposits to the account are not permitted; early CD withdrawals may be subject to penalties and will reduce account earnings. Please see the Deposit Account Agreement for additional terms and conditions and Truth-in-Savings disclosures. Accounts offered by American Express Bank, FSB. Member FDIC.